School Membership THE SOURCE
Communities of Practice
A Community of Practice is a robust digital platform with resources, networks and programs designed to facilitate a school improvement initiative focused on a specific topic or issue with the aim of making measurable improvements in student learning and well-being.
Communities of Practice available at THE SOURCE . .
Behavior Interventions & Support
- Teacher Retention and Recruitment Programs
- Educator Wellness
- School Organizational and Leadership Practices
- Capacity Building Performance Assessment
- School Wide Behavior Support and Intervention Programs
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Transformational Learning
THE SOURCE Communities of Practice
Foundational Beliefs & Values:
- All school improvement initiatives have ONE AIM: measurable improvements in student learning and well-being.
- Constancy of Purpose and Culture are the foundation of all school improvement.
- Shared Leadership is fundamental to school improvement.
- Purposeful, Intentional training needs to be focussed on;
- Building Collaborative Capacity of all Staff
- Building Implementation Skills of all Staff.
Practices and Strategies:
- Access to Resources; books, articles, websites, videos – all aligned to the theme. We create a virtual library of information and resources school teams can use to learn and apply.
- Connections to networks of fellow practitioners, thought leaders, consultants. Events such as webinar presentations, round table discussions and focus groups. And ongoing communication with newsletters, and updates to keep our communities connected.
- Opportunities to engage in school directed and consultant supported school improvement initiatives.
Each school customizes their school improvement initiative to the specific needs of the district and school AND has the capacity to personalize the learning of each participant.
Your school now has the opportunity connect with colleagues across the district, region, state and nation sharing the challenges you face and sharing your exemplary leadership practices, taking a leadership role as models and thought leaders on the national stage.
- Provide access, connections and engagement for teachers to build collaboration and implementation skills
- Have teachers participate in themed Communities of Practice that support research based, continuous improvement strategies aimed at improving student learning and well-being